*** We can assist with SCHOLARSHIPS that partially cover accomodation and travel costs for international students***
Funded by the DAAD with financial support of the Federal Foreign Office
Please note that the hotel stay is ONLY included if you are successfully granted a scholarship (only for students who are not enrolled at a German academic institution).
All other participants can find hotels in Darmstadt at different categories and prices.
- Ibis Hotel Darmstadt City (http://www.accorhotels.com/de/hotel-3287-ibis-darmstadt-city/index.shtml , ~68 Euro / Night)
- Hotel ibis budget Darmstadt City (http://www.ibis.com/de/hotel-3526-ibis-budget-darmstadt-city/index.shtml , ~50 Euro / Night)
- B&B Hotel Darmstadt (https://www.hotelbb.de/de/darmstadt/ , ~68 Euro / Night)
- Youth Hostel Darmstadt (https://www.djh-hessen.de/jugendherbergen/darmstadt/, B&B ~27Euro / Night)
- Other budget hotels: https://www.tripadvisor.de/HotelsList-Darmstadt-Gunstige-Hotels-zfp1861306.html
Students selected for financial support receive
- free accommodation, meals, and most expenses for social activities (drinks and alcoholic beverages during welcome dinner excluded)
- travel grant according to the DAAD table M”obility Grants for Foreign Participants”
The payment is done via bank transfer that will be initiated during the summer school. From experience the processing time at the bank takes two to three days inside of the EU and up to three weeks outside of the EU.